TR: [Epic] Hello (E40K???)

From: Emmanuel BLONDIAUX <EBLONDIAUX_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 13:26:34 +0200

I don't use the EPIC rule for LOS. The old SM rule is simple, if you
play w=
ith a opponent who is enought fair-play.

> ----------
> De : Andy Skinne=
r[SMTP:askinner_at_...]
> R�pondre � : space-marine_at_...
> Date=
�: mercredi 2 juillet 1997 14:59
> A : space-marine_at_...
> Objet : R=
e: [Epic] Hello (E40K???)

> David Lado wrote:
> >
> > >For example; LO=
S was
> > >always a big issue in the old Epic... Now, you don't even need i=
> (in
> > >assaults and FF). Is Epic 40K really a better game simply beca=
use
> it
> > >sweeps the problems of somplexity under the rug and therefore=
 makes
> > >the game less stimulating?
> >
> > I definetely think so. Mea=
suring LOS from a models eye view was
> > totally arbitrary and added nothi=
ng to the enjoyment of the game.

> Do you guys use the LOS rule in E40K =
that you can see over any
> terrain than which you are higher? LOS from th=
e model does add
> enjoyment to my play of the game, 'cause it feels right =
to me.
> However, I'm glad that models don't block LOS (except maybe big
> =
ones ought to). Has everyone else switched to the new LOS rule?
> (I don't=
 yet have an opinion on LOS for firefights and assaults.)

> andy
> askin=
ner_at_...