Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 00:19:29 PDT

> [...]
>the shots pounded into its armour, the volcano gun finally tearing
>into
>the mega-cannon itself and disabling it (1 damage left on the
>Leviathan). The guard meanwhile tasted the mega-cannon and the
>trees
>of the plantation did not avail them as twenty of them (four stands)
>were mowed down. The leviathan fired back what it could at the
>Reaper,
>stripping another shield and nothing more.
>
>My opponent had the first assault phase and promptly failed his
>leadership test to assault with the flanking guard regiment. He
>then
>noticed that the Reaper was in firefight range of his Ultramarines
>and
>Leviathan. With the condition of the marines and the Leviathan, the
>Reaper won the firefight handily, leaving the Leviathan a smoking
>wreck
>shattered by internal explosions and the marines (sans one more
>rhino)
>running away again.
>
>In my assault phase the Reaper moved forward to engage the central
>Guard regiment in yet another firefight. In short order this too
>was
>won, leaving the Guard disrupted, demoralized and broken. The only
>unbroken Guard detachment in my center and right was the artillery
>company, now terribly exposed and in range of the Reaper and around
>company of Marines.
>
>In the rally phase my opponent did not remove enough blast markers
>avoid his army coming to the conclusion that retiring from the
>battle
>was the best remaining choice. For my part, though my army had been
>bloodied they were victorious and in command of around 80% of the
>field
>when the enemy decided to withdraw.
>
>End of Turn 3 and End of Battle: My Morale: 22 His Morale: <0 (we
>stop at zero as a house rule)
>
>At this point my opponent played the third player who also had a
>largely Space Marine army. The battle lasted five turns and I was
>eating lunch for most of the duration. I can say that at the end of
>turn 3 my opponent had 10 morale and the other player had 2. At the
>end of turn 4 it was 4 to 1. At the end of turn 5 it was 0 to 0,
>thus
>the other player had managed to squeak out a draw in the end despite
>getting hit hard very early.
>
>The third game will be in the next battle report (probably tomorrow)
>and was between me and the other Space Marine player. If I could
>win
>this battle, my overall victory was assured. Any other result and
>we
>would be counting morale points to determine a victor.
>
>Hope you enjoyed it.
>
>Regards,
>
>- Erik
>

>"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever

bubble
>up, if you will ever dig."
>- Marcus Aurelius

Impressive...

Is an Imperial army (I mean Space Marine + Imperial Guard + Adeptus

Mecanicus) not too powerfull? I'm one of these fundamentalists who

believe that the only way is a total Space Marine army or a total

Imperial Gard army. OK perhaps with some Titans or Heavy Vehicles

from the Adeptus Mecanicus. What do you think about this?

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/

Get Private Web-Based Email Free http://www.hotmail.com