Re: [Epic] Doomweavers vs Titans

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 09:30:19 -0400

David Knowles wrote:

> When a Doomweaver template hits a titan, the location on the titan is destroyed
> unless it has a 1+ save, and shields have no effect. Is this all correct?

        The rules never state that shields have no effect.

> What then if a Doomweaver hits an Imperator titan which as far as I can remember
> has no locations with a 1+ save.

        OTOH it has locations with a 2+ save, and it rolls
its saves on 2D6. The Doomweaver stats came out long before
the Imperator, so you could change the Doomweaver phrasing
to 'doesn't affect units with an auto-save' and still keep
it at the same power level.

> This came up in a game we played yesterday. By
> the rules as I read them the location hit should automatically be destroyed. But
> the Imperators armour is supposed to be better than that of other titans so this
> seems somewhat unfair. In the end we simply allowed the Imperator his basic
> save to avoid destruction. How should this situation be resolved?

        Isn't the effect of Doomweavers, Wave Serpents, etc
on the Imp covered in the TL rulebook? Or maybe in a WD?

> Oh and what kind of fire arc do troops on board an Imperator have?

        Presumably all-around, or you could go with giving
them the standard 180. I don't believe that TL bothers to
cover that question.

Scott
shupes_at_...