Re: [Epic] Doomweavers vs Titans

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:54:56 -0400 (EDT)

>When a Doomweaver template hits a titan, the location on the titan is destroyed
>unless it has a 1+ save, and shields have no effect. Is this all correct?

Close. The titan uses it's best armour save (1+ for most titans).
Otherwise, the whole titan is destroyed by the doomweaver, not a single
location. Shields have no effect.

As an optional rule, I would stick with destroying a single section, many
people felt that the ability to destroy a titan automatically was a bit
powerful for an artillery unit.

>What then if a Doomweaver hits an Imperator titan which as far as I can
>remember has no locations with a 1+ save. This came up in a game we
>played yesterday. By the rules as I read them the location hit
>should automatically be destroyed. But the Imperators armour is supposed
>to be better than that of other titans so this seems somewhat unfair.
>In the end we simply allowed the Imperator his basic save to avoid
>destruction. How should this situation be resolved?

An imperator hit by a doomweaver takes a hit to it's top row of hit
locations with a -6 save mod. Same with the mega-gargant. This is
not an official rule, but the one given by Jervis Johnson (I think)
clarification. Check out Allens home page, I think he still maintains
the old set of Q&As for SM/TL (they are quite extensive).

PS. Doomweavers vs titans is not very fair any way you cut it. But
the moral of the story is to leave the titans at home when you fight
eldar. Doomweavers, waveserpents, vibro-cannons, warlocks, tremor
cannons, and pulsars will all dork titans much faster than you can
return the favor. You are probobly better off fielding the "hordes
of the things" tactic with the eldar.

>Oh and what kind of fire arc do troops on board an Imperator have?

It might also be in the Q&As, but I'm not sure. Probobly 180 degrees.

David