Re: [Epic] Doomweavers vs Titans

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 10:33:57 -0400

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> >> When a Doomweaver template hits a titan, the location on the titan is
> >> destroyed
> >> unless it has a 1+ save, and shields have no effect. Is this all correct?
> >
> > The rules never state that shields have no effect.
>
> Realy? I'm pretty sure I didn't miss that!!! I'll agree that it IMPLIES
> that the DW ignores shields, but if you can find a definitive statement,
> please advise...

        There is no definitive statement (unless it's in
the Q&As, and even that's not definitive). I was just
pointing out that the original statement ("shields have
no effect") is incorrect, as the Doomweaver description
never actually comes out and says that the web ignores
shields.

        And the case for the DW rules implying that it
ignores shields is pretty weak, IMHO, since the argument
is based on two unrelated pieces of fluff.

Scott
shupes_at_...