Re: [Epic] Doomweavers vs Titans

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 13:31:25 -0400 (EDT)

Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> David Lado wrote:

> estroyed unless it has a 1+ save, and shields have no effect. Is
> > >
> > > The rules never state that shields have no effect.
> >
> > Evil Spawn of Chaos!!! Don't even _think_ about trying to revive that
> > debate again ;)
>
> Too late! Agro already took the bait... Luckily for
> all of us there aren't enough 2nd edition'ers around here to
> sustain it for very long...

        Fortunately, all of us 2nd Edition players reached the same
conclusion a long time ago. My way of playing is right, dammit!
You're not going to change my tenuous point of view with equally
tenuous fluff! I personally feel that automatic destruction ignores
void shields, but that's just me. We Eldar players get constant cases
of shield envy. At least, we used to, back in the old days when the
Imperium had an artillery surplus in their production lines...

:)

        That, and an Eldar force with no tricks up their sleeve just
keels over and dies. Sure, you know exactly what tricks are coming,
but it's all we've got. You can't really stand and fight with an
2nd edition Eldar force, IMHO. And running for it only works when
they don't have guns.

Mark