Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 09:47:00 -0400

Scott,

> Hmmm... looks like E40k tourneys are going to be lacking
> any real diversity until GW gets its butt in gear and starts
> releasing minis for the other armies.

I had the same thought and considered switching to building up my Eldar
for a while, just to be a bit diverse. Still, the armies that they
brought were quite nice.

> Just out of curiosity, how did the mostly IG player have
> his infantry based up? Old style (tac stand = 5 tacs, heavy stand
> = 4 tacs + 1 heavy) or something closer to how SMs are being based
> these days? (tac squad = 9 tacs + 1 heavy, heavy squad = 6 tacs +
> 4 heavies)

I have to admit I didn't pay as much attention as I should have. He
had them on the old bases and I think they were based up old style as I
recall identifying heavy stands by the guy with the big weapon in the
middle. They were really nicely painted and there were a LOT of 'em.

> Thanks for typing it up, battle reports are always fun
> to read. I'm kinda surprised that your Warlord & his Leviathan
> managed to get into a firefight, though. Seems strange that two
> enemy WEs could get so close without at least one of them getting
> pounded on the way in.

Well, the Leviathan was down to 1 damage, which I consider pretty
pounded. :-) Nevertheless it was interesting and unusual to have the
firefight there, which I mainly won due to the blast markers I had
piled on him beforehand. I have to also credit the Leviathan's 10cm
movement and the fact that he had put it behind a low building and
didn't want to move through it on the previous phase so he spent 5cm of
his 10cm on a 90 degree turn.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius