Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences (Part 2)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 09:44:45 -0400

Francois,

> Yes! But can I ask one question? Is an Imperial army (I mean IG + SM
> + AT) not too powerful? No, OK, I'm joking...

Bang! Zoom to the moon, Alice! <grin> Ok, ok, I get the joke. ;-)

> Ouch! What a big detachment! How did you move it, I mean did you try
> to search some cover or was it so powerful that you just had to
> advance it?

Well, this was his detachment (my army list was in the first battle
post). He tried to keep it in cover, but it was so large that I was
always able to fire at some part of it (or firefight it on the flanks,
as it turned out) and whittle it down. I would say that it didn't
serve him well. However, he also fielded it and his other infantry
group in the same part of the map, which just made things more crowded.

> Thanks for the report and congratulation for this great victory. But
> I still don't understand why your opponent decided to march in the
> first turn...

I agree - when he marched all his units I was definitely surprised.
Once I got over that, it was just a matter of figuring out how to take
apart the vanguard of his now spread out army before the titan and
baneblades showed up.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius