Re: [Epic] Food, Off-Topic Threads and Childishness - a Public Rebuke

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:02:56 -0700 (PDT)

> > --Ken Taborek oberon_at_... wrote:
> > >Nyeah, nyeah.
> >
> > Obviously you don't have a life, or you would see the necessity of
> > limiting the subject matter to the game. Then again, it's my choice to
> > unsubscribe when children like yourself publicly saying " Nyeah - Nyeah"
>
> You will be sorely missed. In the 5 months or so I've been on the list,

*SNIP*

> Richard (whose surname is Dewsbery, if anyone wants to get really
> serious and start making complaints to participants' ISPs)

I would like to make a point here, in support of all, and against Mr
Brown.
When we all game, I doubt there is a single person who does not talk of
things other that the game, thus making it a social event. Similarly with
this list, we have all come recognize and trust each others opinions, and
with that companionship, friendly off-topic banter is bound to arise.
It's all in the name of fun. I enjoy some of the quirkier topics, I like
seeing how they progress, and if I think them a waste of time, I JUST
DON'T READ THEM.
Maybe Mr. Brown will understand this when he grows up.
Steve