Re: [Epic] [EPIC] Ordo Malleus

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:35:45 PDT

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997 19:46:26 +0100 Kaare Myltoft wrote:

> From: Kaare Myltoft <kaarem_at_...>
> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 19:46:26 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Epic] [EPIC] Ordo Malleus
> To: space-marine_at_...
>

> At 21:17 12-07-97 -0700, you wrote:
> >---Harlequin Master wrote:

<snip>

> >2) Grey Nights should always use drop pods, although in their case
> >they are being teleported down, not dropping. For this reason, I
> >advocate that an Ordo Malleus detachment may not take ANY vehicles,
> >always deploys in "drop pods", and furthermore, these drop pods
cannot
> >be shot down by the enemy (aint too much to shoot at).
>
> If you are fielding a part of this chapter, then it should be
possible
> to field vehicles as well.

In SM2 I had a Warlord titan "Deus Ex Machina" (trans: The Machinery
of God, or, God In The Machine) in GK colours, mounting a Redemption
Bell (carries the spirit of the Emporer - prevents demons approaching
closer than a certain radius), 2 carapace lasers, Chainfist for CCing
Greater demons and Chaos war engines, and a ranged weapon (one of the
Plasma weapons - prevented firing any other weapon that round but
worth it as the titan could still function and the only other ranged
weapons were the lasers).

I envisaged it breaching demonic hard targets where waves of psychic
foot sloggers would be mown down. I also saw it as a dedicated GK
titan rather than part of a Legion. I could see the Knights having
access to other equipment on an as required basis (though that kit
might never come back...)

========
> Remember, even if you win the rat race, Kaare Myltoft
> you're still a rat. e-mail:
kaarem_at_...
> SMS:
20117206_at_...

========

Dear Kaare,
 Your Sig was one of my mottoes in college, did you think it up as
well or have you seen it somewhere? By the way, you don't live near
Aalborg do you?

Bonz