Re: [Epic] Infiltrator competence

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 23:13:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, David Lado wrote:

> Off topic, how do you use your boarboyz? As seperate companies or as
> part of mixed detachments (and if the latter, what else do you put
> with them). I always concieved of boarboyz as more or less pure
> detachments (maybe some stompers or squiggoths), but I wonder how
> others have handled them.

I started out mixing them with nobs and BW,but now I'm using
around 8 boarboyz with 4 stormboyz with the Boss upgraded to a boar.

I use 2 of these detachments to charge Eldar or SM.
1 of these groups will be shot to little pieces, but the other
will be in good shape to CC a weak enemy detachment

Big Ork Detachments get stopped quick by Eldar BM's. A lot of small
detachment work better. one or two might be stopped before they can
assault, but the other groups will get thru. Using small groups of stompas
 for support work, but they are too slow to keep up with the boyz.

One downside to small detachment... it's easy to get them under 50%
so you can lose morale quick this way.

I use a large KoS group with bikes and dethray speedstas to soak up
fire, and to support other groups. 15 bikes and 6 speedstas

I still haven't found the best ratio yet.

mike