RE: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:02:24 -0500

>>> (Oh and for SM/TL, I'd take chaos - bloodletters & horrors, anyone? A
>>> Lord
>>> of Change gets close enough and a big block of those launchers gets
>>> tied up in HTH...SPAWN!...and you can still use T-hawks.
>>
>> Yup, you can finally put the Hellbore to a decent use! (Well,
>>a mediocre use.) (Okay, okay, but at least it's more useful than it
>>traditionally is. Just hope it doesn't scatter a meter and off the
>>board when you surface.)
>
>I think it'd be more useful if you just threw it at your opponent
>(it's pretty heavy and pointy :).
>
>David

-----> Oh-ho! I see we're back to "Iron Man / Extreme" Miniature
gaming.
We need to come up with rules for this. Here's the first one, I think:

1) Any miniature in play may be thrown at your opponent at any time.
        a)The miniature must be in play so note that this usually means
you will have paid points for it (no free shots). This insures a fair
competition between players with unequal amounts of miniatures.
        b)If the thrown miniature lands on the table, the throw is
considered to be it's movement for the turn. It must stay on the table
in
whatever direction it is facing and condition it is in until the next
 movement phase. To prevent abuse of this rule, if the miniature did not
actually hit the opponent, your opponent may position the miniature
anywhere on the table and apply the firecracker rule during the next
Explosives phase.

2) Paint jobs and targeting:
        a) You may not deliberately target your opponents paint job.
Any damage to it indirectly is, of course, perfectly acceptable, but
no knives, scrapers, etc direct to paint. Knives may be used in the
"partial damage resolution" phase after a successful Limb Loss check,
but only to sever extremities, not for mere paint-scraping.
        b) Sandpaper is banned under the Geneva Convention except
by those Eldar web-spinny thingies, because they're so cheesy
anyway...

Gotta work on a sequence of play...
Chris Miller