RE: [Epic] comment on Rob L.'s envelopment thing

From: John Erickson <erickson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:09:23 -0500

Just another comment on the values of Attack vs standard bikes, even
though ABikes have better FP they are a larger target. This was important
for my game because of the limited cover (btw I don't waste effort
mounting bikes 3 to a base, why have 2 stands when you can have 8 ) the
small bikes can then be placed into almost any cover. This isn't much but
it can sometimes be important. eg all 8 bikes +4 Land Speeders could hide
behind the hill in my game, it probably would not have been possible with
ABikes.

Rob L.
(feeling humbled that a thread has his name on it :) )

-----> Am I reading this right that you don't base your bikes at all? Now I don't
have a problem if my opponent has one bike on a base. But if he put an unbased
bike on the table and said it was a whole squad I would have a problem. Base
size is very important for just the reason you pointed out. The base, not the
figure, represents a certain number of troops and the space they occupy. If I am
reading this wrong I apologize.
John