Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:23:28 -0400

----------
> From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
>
> > actually, it's
> > 1-3 = 1BM if a hit is scored, 0BM otherwise (and its unclear whether
> > disrupts count as hits)
> > 4-8 = 1BM
> > 9+ = 2BM
>
> Why wouldn't they count? They are super-heavy weapons.
>
> Scott
> shupes_at_...

I actually play that they do count as hits, but it's something my opponents
and I discussed a bit first.

Our confusion was not over whether to use that chart for disrupt weapons,
because disrupts are after all super-heavy weapons, but whether their
successful attacks count as "hits" for the chart (the first line thereof).
Hits, as mentioned elsewhere in the rules, are fatal for the things being
hit, and the rules for disrupt weapons don't say anything about them
scoring hits. I therefore wasn't completely sure how to do the disrupt
weapons.

It's definitely not very important, but I felt I should try to explain my
somewhat confusing comment on the chart.

Eugene