Re: Eldar background (LONG) (was Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique)

From: Justin <iluvatar_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 19:02:20 -0700

Aaron P Teske wrote:
> A KoS dined on a Waystone in the Renegades battle, but then Waystones
> and spirit stones are not the same... though I imagine, to a KoS, it
> wouldn't make much difference.

  I wasn't aware of any difference at all between the two. GW seems to
use the two terms interchangeably.

> You forget, grasshopper, the purpose of the Eldar Path. ^_- When an
> Eldar takes on an Aspect, all else is forgotten -- at least, until the
> mask is removed.

  Actually, I was talking about the Guardians and such before the
battle begins. Once they've donned their Aspects and such, they'll be
totally focused on combat. But, wouldn't they hesitate before putting on
these Aspects, if they're aware of how potentially fragile the
protection of their stones are?
  Also, from the fluff in the Codex Eldar, they have some introspective
Guardians in the fluff, which means they're not as totally focused as
the Aspects. But we even have an Exarch who has a moment of
introspection. Putting on the Aspects is not forgetting everything else,
it's focusing totally on the task at hand and repressing personality
traits until the thing is over.

> >Hmm...isn't the symbol of
> > Asuryan the phoenix?
>
> Good luck....

  If the Chaos gods were born by the worship (unintentional maybe) of
living beings, maybe enough spirits and dedication will resurrect an
Eldar god. Complete speculation here. But if any god should come back,
I'd think it would be Asuryan. I've always wondered about that. Why
would Asuryan (oldest, wisest, chief god who had power to restrict even
Khaine's actions) be killed and Khaine survive?
  If this threatents to become a run on thread, let's shift this over
e-mail.

  Justin
  P.S. Aaron, if you have any other good tidbits of Eldar background
info that you haven't already mentioned, e-mail me please. :)