RE: [Epic] Special fate cards.

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:44:38 -0500

>---HornedRat_at_... wrote:
>>
>> Anyone notice how in WD 210, with the Imperial Tarot cards, they
>mentioned
>> doing a set of cards for each race? That probably means we can
>expect Waaagh
>> cards for Orks (maybe...any other ideas what they'd be?), Hive Mind
>cards for
>> Tyranids, Seer Rune cards for Eldar, and Chaos Gifts for....oddly
>enough,
>> Chaos (perhaps a special effect or daemon save re-roll for each
>card?). I
>> don't know about Squats though, maybe they'll have...um....Speed
>Them Up So
>> They're Not Slower Than Piles Of Ork Dung Rolling Down A Hill cards.
> Or
>> maybe not.
>>
>> HornedRat
>>

>"OK, I play 'Growth Hormones'.... any squat detachment grows legs and
>can move an extra 5cm. This is a free move taken out of normal turn
>sequence." Or perhaps, "Platform Shoes... Any Squat detachment
>counts as being as tall as humans for the rest of the game when
>considering LOS."
>
>Hmmm....
>
>Christian

------->(Salve, Horned Rat)

How about "Blood Rage of the Stunties"
Tired of being looked down upon by all the other races of the
universe (except ratlings, but who cares what those little food-
obssessed backshooting little field cooks think anyway! A lasgun
as a sniper weapon-what were they thinking? try a boltgun you
pathetic sprouts - oh wait, you enough trouble with a lasgun's
recoil...) The squat infantry of one detachment anywhere on the
field go nuts, gaining the "assault" and "rampage" abilities if
they do not already have them. Against infantry the opponents
 armor rating is reduced by one to represent the inability of the
average squat trooper to reach any higher than the kneecap
(a weak point in many armor designs) which is the reason for
 the rage. Against vehicles, this rule also applies as no one is
going to waste armor by putting it that low to the ground -
we're going to put it up high, where normal people hit but using
 their low cunning these underhanded little guys will strike some
low blows, negating much of the target's armor.

Chris Miller