[NetEpic ML] re: DISCUSSION POINTS

From: Joao Filipe Frade - LEI <jff_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:29:05 +0000 (WET)

My opinions...

> [HEAVY INFANTRY]
> B) State that one heavy company or detachment may be taken for every two
> tactical companies or detachments.
I dont have a very clear opinion about this item, but if the problem is
the abuse of heavy companies i would say B.

> [ELDAR FREE CARDS]
> C) Allow any detachment of 300 or less points to be used as a free card.
Since there are no special rules involved in the process, just the point
cost, i vote C.

> [VORTEX MISSILES]
I would say, cut the effects in half (1/2 shield destruction and D3 hits)
if the center of the template is not over the miniature/base itself.

> [BLAST TEMPLATES]
Is this multiple choice? I dont quite understand.
Here is how i see it:

-Templates may not overlap (unless specifically noted).
-Artillery detachments using the "open sheaf" rules may divide their BPs
over a number of templates EQUAL TO the number of firing units (templates
must touch at the edges, and dont overlap). This its simpler and avoids
abuses.
-Any model that is at least 1/4 under the template is affected.
(maybe create some rule to resolve this partial hits??)

Bye,

Joao

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/netepic