[NetEpic ML] Re: Bolter question.

From: Kutasi Zolt�n <kutasi_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:05:06 +0100

>Transport vehicles arent suposed to shot better than the troops IMHO, they
>just need to be faster and give some protection.

I agree.

>Why not give the troops inside some kind of save if the vehicle is
>destroyed?

Agree again.
A hit on a vehicle not always means that it blows up. It could be a blown of
track, badly damaged engine, etc.
So the passenger may have some chance to escape from a disabled vehicle.

>Maybe their normal saving throw +1, or a 5+ (fixed)? This way troops would
>be safer in a vehicle than on foot.

A fixed 5+ sounds good to me.

>Currently vehicles are only used in the first round of battle to deploy
>the troop on the front... no one in is perfect sense would leave them
>inside to get killed with one shot.

It's also the same in all of our games and in the local EPIC 2nd community.
:-(

Zoltan

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/netepic