[NetEpic ML] Re: Grey Knight discussion

From: Daniel Wiebell <dwiebell_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 03:05:53 PST

Hi guys

(By the way this is an unbiased opinion because I play Eldar)

I think that Grey Knight units are underpowered in every game system GW
has put out, Epic included.

They are supposed to be even finer warriors than the space marine
chapters, humanity's finest fighters.

In every short story and description Grey Knights are made out to be a
pack of absolute combat nutbars, unfazable, unbeatable. They have better
weapons than the marine terminators, being nemesis force halberds,
nemesis swords and psycannons, digilasers, etc. In Warhammer 40K they
can be equipped with refractor fields and wargear cards which make them
hard to kill, but they still lack the improved stats and unbreakablility
that the stories and background carry on and on about.

I for one would like to see some proposed stats for grey knights which
makes them better, perhaps a higher CAF, unmod save?, cannot be broken
and all the other trimmings like elite, rapid fire and what not. Then
maybe they will resemble the heroes of humanity that keep the horrors of
chaos at bay.

Oh and we need a detachment card that includes an inquisitor of the Ordo
Malleus in the Grey Knight detachment.

Well, thats my two cents on that subject.

Thanks guys

Dan

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/netepic