[NetEpic ML] Re: Is Epic dead in your area?

From: Justin Ho <jhh14_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 18:17:26 -0400

At 04:26 PM 4/5/99 +0000, you wrote:
>It got me thinking and curious....
>
>Now, would everyone like to comment how strong (or weak) epic is in your
>respective areas. Also was it stronger before e40k or after? Was it
>easier to find opponent then or now? And ultimately did you play more
>games then or now.

  It's been pretty weak wherever I've been. The younger players were
attracted to the greater detail of 40K scale minis and older players were
often more interested in RPG's or other wargames. Still, there was Epic
merchandise on the shelves and it did move, albeit slowly. The current
E40K stuff I've seen has not moved since the early rush of fad buying.

>And the grand daddie of questions!
>
>What do you think will be the FUTURE of epic?

  No official support or at most some lukewarm unplaytested stuff. Then in
a few years maybe they'll take the gamble again and try a new edition. One
need only see how little attention GW has been giving E40K lately to know
that it's considered dead. I've long given up hope for anything official
for any edition of Epic.
   GW really messed up with this edition. They alienated a lot of old
players while their stupid drawn out miniatures release schedule made it
impossible for new players to acquire minis for their armies. Also the
little publicity E40K was given was not enough to recruit enough new blood
to make up for all the old veterans that refused to switch over.

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/netepic