[NetEpic ML] Re: Save

From: kevin ludwig <sj_khorne_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

This is right from the amrylist :

Space Marine Armor Saves
Space Marines are the toughest troops of the Imperium.
They have genetically altered bodies and special armor
connected to their nervous system to protect them
against the great variety of weapons used in the 40th
millennium. This greater resiliency of them is
reflected in their battle statistics in NetEpic; they
could not be killed as easily as a meager Imperial
Guardsman could, who had no armor. Terminator Armor,
which is as strong as a tank, offers even more
protection. Combat armored Space Marine Infantry have
a saving throw of 6+ in a D6, and Terminators and
similar units have a save of 5+, which is modifiable
to 6+ but not below that. These armor save values do
not apply to Space Marine Scouts and gun batteries,
since Scouts do not wear armor, and batteries have
vulnerable equipment whose destruction would render
their stands useless.

Example: A Space Marine Tactical stand and a
Terminator stand are hit by a Basilisk barrage.
Basilisks have a -2 Target's Save Modifier. The
Tactical Marine, with a basic save of 6+ now has to
roll an 8+ on a D6, which is impossible, and
destroyed. On the other hand, the Terminator stand has
a basic save of 5+. The modified save however does not
require a (5+2)=7 but still a 6+ on a D6 since the
Terminator armor save can not be modified below 6. The
stand rolls a 6 and saves.