[NetEpic ML] Re: Hersey Rules feedback

From: Stephen Flanagan <saf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:26:05 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: ImDaCow_at_... <ImDaCow@...>
To: netepic_at_egroups.com <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Date: Sunday, August 15, 1999 11:49 AM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Re: Hersey Rules

>I also think that EPIC is a little unrealistic, so I thought up this to
make
>it better.
>
>in the shooting phase, have one player shoot first like normal, but don't
>remove the casulities until both players have shot. this represents
shooting
>happening at the same time where units get to shoot back before they die.
>
>also, units could have 5 wounds. each time a unit takes a wound,
>characteristics that represent mass actions (firepower and the like) are
>diminished by 1/5.
>
>i hope this might work; i have not tried it yet.
>
>foreward any improvements.
>
>THANKS
>
>>Your idea about units not being removed is known as retrun fire. I've used
it in other rules and although it has benefits it can get a little
complicated. For example what do you do to simulate surprise where units
would get annihilated without firng a shot. People get pretty argumentative
about this.
Having played a very complex set of WW2 rules where this comes in I actually
admire the simplicity of Epic.
Still there's always room for improvement.

Hope this is food for thought.