[NetEpic ML] Re: Netpic PBEM

From: ROBERTO SOLBES ARNEDO <roberto_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:49:39 +0200

>This discussion on PBEM is very interesting. Could you please post details
>on how a system could be run? It could definitely make a great Incoming!
>article.
>
>simon

Hello everybody,

To play by email, you should use a program like Cyberboard
(http://www.execpc.com/~d-larson/cyberboard.html). There are others, like
Aide-de-camp, Vmap, Electronic Cardboard,...
But the programs are intended for hexed wargames, so some changes should be
made, like allowing only one unit per hex, etc. Each hex represents 5 cm.
Another problem is the hidden counters and cards, like Netepic orders. Well,
you could trust in your opponent about the cards, but orders are seen as
placed, so I think Epic 40K is best suited for email playing than Netepic
(and it's more turn-oriented).
One side makes his moves/fires, saves it, and send it to the opponent, who
can replay all of the past moves and dice throwing. You can even read enemys
comments.
To speed up playing, saving throws shoud be made by the firing side.
That's the theory.

If anyone wants a copy of the (still in slow progress) Cyberboard gamebox
and a ready-to-play scenario(Dark Angels vs. rebel IG), please mail me.

Roberto
roberto_at_...