[NetEpic ML] Re: To Hit question

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <canapi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:26:24 +0200

Robert Heitkamp wrote:

> Lorenzo Canapicchi wrote:
>
> > Eldars are better in Technology applications and you can also think as
> > an Eldar Lascannon like something really different from an Imperium
> > Lascannon, just like the difference from WraithBone or plasteel and
> > Imperium Iron and steel.
>
> I understand the technological differences between imperial and eldar weapons, but
> it doesn't quite explain the significantly better chance the eldar have to kill
> units in NetEpic. In W40K, the eldar weapons are somewhat superior than space
> marines, but their inability to hit really reduces their effectiveness (eldar
> vehicle crews are guardians firing with BS of 3 vs. space marines BS of 4).

[snip]

Ok, let's say that, as in the original Background, Eldar have better war
machines and more advanced weapons, they have few shots but more precise
and more effective, they should have few and more costly detachments
while marines get the numbers and the firepower, but less accuracy.
Now the point, GW along the years and versions have lost this point
IMHO, but NetEpic refers to SpaceMarine and so to the old "way of life",
if you understand the Eldar "style" you can see all those difference
from this race and the others, and I always play having in mind this
Background, part of fun in this Game is to play like you where just a
member of your race.

^_^

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi