[NetEpic ML] Armies of Armageddon: The Wargamers Developement Kit

From: Simon Dodds <sdodds_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:11:54 +1100
Hi there, everyone

I just got sent this, I think it may interest a large number of you

simon

---

Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 21:56:54 -0500
From: Michael Cooney
Subject: Armies of Armageddon: The Wargamers Developement Kit
To: sdodds_at_...
:
:

Hi, my name is Mike Cooney and I head up a small company called Boku Strategy Games.� We just released a game called Armies of Armageddon: The Wargamers Development Kit (AoA:WDK).� It's a very exciting product for the miniatures hobby because it's the first and only computer package aimed squarely at them: turn-based, multi-phase, "paintable" units, squad level, tactical, (completely) modifiable stats, army setup, PBEM integration, and much more!

I call it a "package" because it's more than just a game.� With the development kit, you can:

- Create your own scenarios - draw the map, pick and place the armies, write the story and define the ending objectives.
- Define each of the 41 stats for per unit in your army
- Define all the stats for the terrain and weapons
- *Draw* your own units, terrain and weapons using standard Windows bitmaps
- *Draw* your own weapon effects and explosions using standard Windows bitmaps
- *Draw* your own Interface even using standard Windows bitmaps!
- Create all your own sounds using standard Windows wave format
- Create your own campaign, tying all the scenarios together

Together this means you can create any theme you can dream up - space wars, robot wars, car wars, future wars, historical wars, fantasy wars, etc.� With the wide set of modifiable rules, you can convincingly convert just about any current miniatures game to run through AoA:WDK.��� The game ships with a 20 scenario sci-fi campaign set in the future of Earth.

I've personally been a miniatures gamer my whole life (lots of made up games :-), Epic, 40K, Warzone, Battletech...) and essentially created my "perfect" game.� To give you an idea of the strength of AoA:WDK, it's predecessor - Circa 7000 - started selling in early 1995 and was still on people's hard drives this year.� This is the kind of value and longevity that we designed the game for.

I'm writing to you because I have visited your website and I need help getting the word out so miniature gamers know AoA:WDK exists.

I invite you to read through the Sneek Peek in PC Game World (PC Gamer):

http://www.pcgameworld.com/sneakpeeks/a/armies/index.htm

And this (11/07) 4 of 5 star review (!) on Computer Games Online (Computer
Game Strategy Plus):

http://www.cdmag.com/articles/024/033/armies_armageddon_review.html

You can download the demo here, where there is also a lively discussion board (where you'll get the best info about the extreme tactical nature of the game and deadly AI):

http://www.battlefront.com/products/future/aoa/index.html

This is a page we've put together to support the product and distribute gamers' scenarios:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/future/aoa/aoa_scenarios/aoa_scenarios.html

Once you plow through this, you'll hopefully be impressed enough with it to include a link to our website and a few good words.� I've attached an animated banner as well that I'd be very pleased if you used. :-)� Links should go to: http://www.battlefront.com/products/future/aoa/index.html.

That's it!� I'd be interested to hear what you think about the game!

Michael Cooney
Boku Strategy Games
http://www.battlefront.com
mailto:boku@...

Simon Dodds
sdodds_at_...
ICQ# 2718201

The EPICentre - the home of NetEpic
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1353/epicentre.html

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." Received on Wed Nov 10 1999 - 03:11:54 UTC