[NetEpic ML] heresy fan club

From: Andrea Pieretti <a.pieretti_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:22:22 +0100 (MET)

Hi
I've got some questions for you concerning Heresy.
I feel this should be a very good game for 6mm sci-fi
I'll try your game as soon as possible.
(actually I have only IG & eldar army ready for battle,
but there are no stats for the eldar sigh!)
Nonetheless there are some things i would like to pone to your attention

1) I believe that some guidelines must be present in any game
(and you did it for example asking a system with ten-sided dice) but
 why if for the shooting and close combat, the highest rolls
 means good results , for morale this is exactly inverted, i.e.
the lower the roll the best the result ?.
 (in D&D and AD&D there is the same controversy for hit rolls & save
rolls)
I think for example, that a morale value of 4
(save 1,2,3,4 i.e. 4/10) can be changed to 7
(7,8,9,10 i.e. 4/10), obviously this is not a real change.
Also all positive modifiers will be good and all negative will be bad.

2) I'haven't found a specific rules concerning the fractions,
I think that should be explicit written that all fractions must be rounded
up (for example).
(this is vacant for movement restrictions)

3) For initiative rolls in a case of a tie ?
I think it's possible to use the epic rule that says :
"the previous turn loser, in a case of a tie will be the winner".

4) In the explample of aerial combat the marines receiveid
 a +1 for their hit rolls but you wrote that they obtained 1,2,4,5,6,6 and
8
 this should be translated as 2,3,5,6,7,7 and 9 ?

5) Why if you stated that the "the role of the ground troop
 commander is more concerned about the
 targets the thrusters shuold be attacking than the method
 they should be using to do the job and the orders reflect that."
you apply the highest-ranking leader's leadership bonus
for initiative rolls ?

For now that's all folks

P.S

For all the italians on the list

Is there anybody interested in traslating with me the rules for heresy
in italian for our beloved babies ?

My Italian is better than my English.

Hi!!!