[NetEpic ML] Re: NetEpic revision....LOOOOONG but read it and vote

From: Marco Croce <marcocroce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 05:20:40 PST

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:40:06 -0800, Dave wrote:

> > NetEpic revision ideas:
> >
> > Well, feedback has been received on my various points and I think it is
time
> > to have a little vote on what should be done.
> > This is not decisive but it gives us a starting point.
> > I think we should revise the core rules first and then deal with the
> > individual army lists one at a time.
> > Therefore I have not included any army list stuff in this list.
> >
> > Please make a vote everybody. When a suitably large number of votes
have
> > been made, the guy who takes charge of typing up the new rules (who is
> > taking care of such things anyway?) can decide on what to do.
> > It would be nice if ya wrote a bit about why you voted as you like, but
> > don't feel forced to do so.
> >
> > Feel free to vote on several ideas if ya can't make up your mind
> >
> > If cool alternatives are presented to some of the things below we might
have
> > to revote.
> >
> > Infantry armour saves:
> > How should infantry saves be handled?
> > A: Keep the current system
> > B: Current system but better infantry saves
> > C: Give each weapon two modifiers, one versus infantry and one versus
tanks.
> > This would propably be reflected best if infantry base saves are
improved
> > D: Infantry get a fixed save versus anti-personnel weapons and must save
at
> > twice this value versus anti-tank weapons (Tzeentch's idea)
> > E: As D but a modifier is applied against anti-tank weapons (about -2).
So a
> [...]
> game
> that uses riding a lot. It works in that game, but I think it
> should
> not be added to Epic for a couple of reasons.
>
> Orks already use this system, thats why they carry more stands per
> vehicle
> than any other army. Look at the Games Workshop pictures, they're
> hanging
> off everywhere!
>
> Can you imagine the poor Eldar? Guardians hanging on for dear
> life.
> Think of the popups, Great Harlequin, the CARNAGE!
>

> > I think riding should be restricted to only 1 stand per tank in any
turn.
> > The stand is "picked up" by the tank and dropped off at some point.
> > If tanks are hit by snap fire while transporting infantry, the infantry
> > stand will be hit on 4+ (automatically if the tank is destroyed) and
must
> > make a basic save to survive. If an area of effect weapon hit the tank
the
> > infantry stand is affected normally
> > If you feel that riding should be added please vote for the following
as
> > well:
> >
> > Tank movement:
> > A: Only advancing tanks can be used
> > B: Tanks may be used as long as they don't fall back
> > C: Any tank may be used regardless of orders
> > D: Other
> >
> D: I think I've probably said too much already!
>

> > Infantry movement:
> > A: Infantry must have advance orders to ride
> > B: Infantry must have charge orders to ride
> > C: Infantry can have any orders except fall back
> > D: Infantry must expend all movement to ride but can shoot normally
> > E: Infantry must expend all movement to ride but can shoot in advance
> > segment
> > F: Infantry must expend all movement to ride and cannot shoot (unless
hip
> > shooting rules are decided upon)
> > G: Other
> >
> G: I'm shutting up!
>

> > Tank fire:
> > A: Tanks fire are not restricted by riding infantry
> > B: Fire suffers a -1 penalty
> > C: Tank may not fire bolters
> > D: Tank may only fire bolters
> > E: Tank may not fire if infantry is riding
> > F: Other
> >
> F: Egads, it's hard not to giggle!
>

> > Point cost formula:
> > The formula should perhaps be revised as well, and brought up to date.
> > Currently it is designed to fit with GW's values but I think we should
> > revise it and recalculate the army lists when we get around to it. Any
> > thoughts?
> >
> Fine, revise the formula. But get rid of Heavy Guardians and
> Thunderhawks
> for Chaos. They take away from the full flavor of these armies and
> make them more generic. Just like allied armies do.
>

> > If you got anything else that you feel is important to the future of
NetEpic
> > please feel free to add it to this list.
> > However at this point, try to keep it to the core rules and stuff.

> > Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
> > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701
> >
> > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
> > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/netepic/?m=1

> Looking for the hottest sports memorabilia or sporting goods
> specials? eBay has thousands of trading cards, sports autographs
> and collectibles.You never know what you might find at eBay!
> http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1143

> -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=netepic&m=1

Hi!
I don�t play epic since 4 years,but before was one of my best games.I�m
following this newsgroup since 4 months,and if I understood well you are
playing with the 2nd edition rules, but most of the revision that you want
to make (at least is what I think )are very similar to the first one.I
played both for a long time,and if the first one was more realistic (I� m
really missing the first terminator they were so strong!!) to play a huge
battle with it was really impossible.The second one has an Aim :to allow you
to fullfit the battlefield with a LOT of miniatures and to be still able to
play.
I think the best way is to make special rules for some unities ,but only to
have more fun.It�s true that you are fighting for the survival of the human
race �,but you must enjoy yourself ,and sometimes the battle is transformed
in a
law fight when the only way to win is knowing a rule that your opponent
doesn�t know.I think that the new rules that we are introduncing must be
only to balance the game and to help to solve new situations.
PS I will be back in Milano in january if someone is playing in that area I
would like to know him.
Marco