[NetEpic ML] Re: Mail votes.......looong but do it

From: Ian McDowall <idm_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:47:39 +0000

Sorry again Ken...

Psykers:
There's no denying that psykers are a potent part of any army in the
fortyfirst millenium so it is worth considering their effect on battles a
little.
A: Keep current NetEpic rules (psykers can pick a power to cast each turn
from a list of 3)
B: System from Epic 40K (Psykers give a bonus in assault combat and little
else)
C: Psykers should have more detailed rules (Heresy f.x. where psykers will
have power points which they spend on casting powers. Powers are drawn
randomnly from a psychic deck)
D: Other

D: don't like psykers so don't really use them.

Firefights:
Epic 40K uses the concept of firefights. If units are within 15 cm. of each
other in the assault phase (Before fighting close combat IIRC) they engage
in firefights. Units losing a firefight suffer some casualties but not a lot
(1 unit in E40K) and are forced to fall back.
If such a rule should be used we might give each unit a firefight rating
(Just a number tagged after it's CAF) which the model rolls in d6 if
engaging in a firefight.
For each 6 rolled the enemy unit suffers a hit which can be saved normally.
(Firefight hits might even add bonuses to saves as they are rather unlethal
compared to the normal ranged combat). The unit which suffers the largest
amount of hits are forced back 10 cm.
How about this?