Re: [NetEpic ML] New Squat Units. Tunnelers

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:23:23 +0200

Hi Eivind,

For the miniatures here are some posibilities:

Tractor head and closed battlecars: Use the frontal cone of a Mole (or any similar con) adding a little gun on the front representing the Melta / Acid. The main body and the closed battlecars can be done with a tube, a cigar hard envelope, or any kind of cylindric tube of about 1,5 - 2 cm diameter cut in several parts (one for each car plus the tractor head). With a fine modelling knife you can "write" some details on it. The outside of the closed battlecars should look as segmented and polished steel (say 2 mm each segment), with some little points drawed which indicate bolter firing points. Note that when closed, all Battlecars should be equal. That means (or could mean) that the opponent doesn't know what contents has each Battlecar (but the first, which is always a fuel one) until they are open. The length should be 3 cm for the tractor head and 2 cm for each battlecar.

Open Battlecars (except for Carrier): Cut the cilinder in a half and then take the upper part and halve it again. Glue the quarters to the exterior part of the sides as if they had slided down. The contents depend on the Battlecar:

Cannon Battlecar: A turret with some guns or two turrets. You can also add bolter turrets from a StormHammer. An easy way is to use the upper part of the Land train berserker battlecar with some guns attached to the sides.

Barrage Battlecar: The upper part of Land Train Mortar Battlecar will do perfectly

Buoy Battlecar: A turret with any warship Radar on a small armoured platform will do

Shield Battlecar: I don't know how is a void shield generator, but I think that something similar to the buoy Battlecar will do, don't be too exagerated or it will look "orky".

Fuel and Secondary engine Battlecars don't have opening capability during battle

Carrier Battlecar: This one is a little more difficult. Instead of halving the pipe, only a lower quarter is removed (obviously infantry disembark from both sides, but it wouldn't look very good). Even better if you can remove only a part of this quarter, thus it will look like a cargo bay door open, this way it can be done in both sides. Add some little guns all around with little bits of plastic that look like the opened steel windows where the Hvy bolters shoot from.

I also recomend to put some slag and "removed terrain" under the worm to add stability.

My initial thought was that each battlecar unit would consist of two sets: opened and closed, but if someone feels like to make a worm with removable parts please send it to the list to look at it.

I hope the description can be understood, because English is not my mother tongue, but if you have any questions about this ideas, just ask

Albert Farr�