Re: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic Armybuilder File

From: Mr Wizard <mr_wizard_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:31:11 -0400

Dear Tom,

I ran into the same limitations when working with their system. I was trying to fake multiple weapons by making a complete stat line (movement through VP) on the main unit (like the land raider company), then filled-in the first weapon as part of the units core stats. I then tried to make weapons into units (and marking them hidden) and attaching to the main unit like you would attach a veteran squad to a leader.

Name Mv Save CAF Weapons Range AD RTH SMod BP Moral VP
Land Raider Company 20cm 2+ +3 Lascannon 75cm 2 5+ -2 5 2 8
(hidden upgrade unit) Bolter 15cm 1 6+ 0

I used the "Notes" to express - 3 det (3 Land Raiders) HQ Land Raider. Therefore the unit doesn't actually contain more then one unit, just the stats for the units in the company. I need to get rid of the "Options field" so all the stats will fit. So I started work on that and then my brain exploded.

The armybuilder system is capable of supporting a game like Epic, only it need a great deal of tweaking.

I'm thinking asking Lone Wolf for some help.

Your Humble Servant,
Nathan H. Hoderny