Re: [NetEpic ML] FW: Jervis

From: Mr Wizard <mr_wizard_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:13:37 -0400

Dear group,

Reading any interview from the GW team disheartens me. These guys really
think they are gods. They act like they are standing on mount Olympus
dispensing rules and games to the lowly mortals (us).

> We were very disappointed with the attitude of older players and it taught
us a lot,
> that our tastes were more sophisticated than the big bulk of the market

Talk about a slap in the face. Where does he get off saying this! I am
insulted constantly by GW because I don't agree with their crap. I thought
companies rewarded people who have stayed with them for year. Yet, here
veterans are told how dumb they are. This why I will never another GW
product. Basically I pay over $50 to be insulated and braided because I have
the audacity to question their rules.

>...because they are not Games Designers like us they don't, say, see this
beautiful >elegant machine, they like a bit of detail.

I PAY FOR YOUR GAMES! I KEEP YOU IN BUISSNESS! "Games Designer" or not I AM
THE DAMNED CONSUMER! Look at Epic 40K. NO ONE BOUGHT IT. I don't care it
it's a "beautiful elegant machine" it still sucked. I wish I could just slap
this guy. The whole interview he's telling everyone how dumb they where for
not buying Epic 40K.

>Do you think one game system can cover everyone?

>No, I think there is a lot of room for different games...

As long as the games are GW products!

>We have some nice ideas of what we can do with Dwarves in 40k at some time
in the >future, but we want a bit of separation from the Squat background,
we don't like the >name, we don't like the actual army list ourselves, none
of the Games Developments >team are
>inspired by it, and so they are going on the back burner and maybe we'll
return to it >completely fresh.

Yes, but can hundreds of gaming community members be wrong? Basically GW is
more interested in capitalizing on current pop-culture (Look Gundam Wing and
anime is popular! Lets make a giant robot / anime inspired army. Hey lets
integrate new age Mysticism and call them the Tau. Wow! Cool! Wait? What?
No, were never going to Finnish the Necrons or SOBs, haven't you figured
that out yet? You damned Old unsophisticated games how dare you want us to
support current armies! [lighting flys from Olympus].) The GW crew is just a
bunch of 11 year olds how never grew up. One of these days someone will
dethrone GW and Jervis will be that old bum from A Clock Work Orange (I hope
to be wearing white and kicking his ass). "Go ahead! Do me in. I don't what
to go on living in a world were old unsophisticated games don't appreciate
my "beautiful elegant machines".

Your Humble Servant,
Nathan H. Hoderny