Re: [NetEpic ML] Models in the pipeline

From: Dalton Calford <dcalford_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:06:50 -0400

Hi Peter,

On Friday 10 August 2001 11:10, you wrote:

> Those would be excelent choices since several of these models have not
> been available for years and many missed out on them. I would love to
> see a true scale leviathan and capitol imperialis!

Given the fact that the Capitalis and Hellbore average 100 US on Ebay, there
must be enough of a market to justify there re-release.

> I suspect they would never go that route, not enough money to be had. I
> wonder though if we could make those available for download and people
> can slap it on cardstock or plastic-card. Just a thought.

Do you have them? I would love to have a digital copy. I would love to get
my hands on any of the origional buildings.

> > I would then like them to re-issue the waterslide transfers and
> > banners that
> > they used to have for the different races/models. A single water
> > slide turns
> > a medium paint job into a work of art without alot of effort. Again
> > this can
> > be done without alot of cost or effort from the fanatic guys. (the work
> > already is done, it is just a matter of reordering them and making them
> > available).
>
> Oh yeah! I still have quite a bit of the original ones and boy do they
> save time!! That would be an excelent addition to their line and
> profitable too.

Would you like to trade for a few waterslides?

> GW has a bad way of bundling up armies, they never seem to get the
> models you really need in there, but if done right it could be a very
> useful buy.

We could put together suggestions for them, different army lists for 2000
point e41k style (they don't want any of the older styles).
They could even hold contests (get more activity for the game)

> Agreed, they seem to say all the time that they are getting more old
> stock available, but yet little change is really seen. The first
> priority is to get all the product line available, then new stuff should
> come.

Today, I got a delivery from GW and the MO Trolls credited me for my order of
ork battlewagons and range rulers with the statement that they are
discontinued and will not be carried again.
Combine this with the lack of dice and the empty air you get when you call
mail order UK and ask for epic stuff.
North American mail order is even worse.

> I wonder sometimes if this group should send them a signed petition of
> some other analogous means to let them know what we want. Of course this
> relates to miniatures since any "we want the old rules back" requests
> are summarily ignored.

The only thing that will work is 'We agree to purchase X amount of product if
you produce it' type of petitions. If we get a group to purchase 1000 sprues
of old style orks or some other combination, then they have incentive to
support us.
We can vote with our cash. I know I have done so with Warmaster and
Battlefleet Gothic. I have alot of disposible income, and I was going to
start into both those games. Now, I have decided that I am only going to
purchase Epic models to finish my current armies, and I am not going to buy
any other GW product until I see some proper support for their games.

best regards

Dalton