Re: [NetEpic ML] Models in the pipeline

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:32:22 -0400

Hi!

Dalton Calford wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> On Friday 10 August 2001 11:10, you wrote:
>
> > Those would be excelent choices since several of these models have not
> > been available for years and many missed out on them. I would love to
> > see a true scale leviathan and capitol imperialis!
>
> Given the fact that the Capitalis and Hellbore average 100 US on Ebay,
> there
> must be enough of a market to justify there re-release.

Absolutely. If they ever relaesed new models for these they would be
sold out very quickly, they are some of the most desired models on the net.

> I suspect they would never go that route, not enough money to be had. I
> > wonder though if we could make those available for download and people
> > can slap it on cardstock or plastic-card. Just a thought.
>
> Do you have them? I would love to have a digital copy. I would love
> to get
> my hands on any of the origional buildings.

<grin> Those few mortals who have seen the vastness of my epic wares and
lived would answer-YES! Seriously, I guess I could scan the original SM
boxed set cardboard buildings and make them available for download. I
think many people would like them.

> > > I would then like them to re-issue the waterslide transfers and
> > > banners that
> > > they used to have for the different races/models. A single water
> > > slide turns
> > > a medium paint job into a work of art without alot of effort. Again
> > > this can
> > > be done without alot of cost or effort from the fanatic guys. (the
> work
> > > already is done, it is just a matter of reordering them and making
> them
> > > available).
> >
> > Oh yeah! I still have quite a bit of the original ones and boy do they
> > save time!! That would be an excelent addition to their line and
> > profitable too.
>
> Would you like to trade for a few waterslides?

Hehe, I'll look through my boxes and see what I got, what you looking for?

> Today, I got a delivery from GW and the MO Trolls credited me for my
> order of
> ork battlewagons and range rulers with the statement that they are
> discontinued and will not be carried again.
> Combine this with the lack of dice and the empty air you get when you
> call
> mail order UK and ask for epic stuff.
> North American mail order is even worse.

Tell me about it. I have given up on GW-US since epic is either not
available or as expensive as 24k gold, GW-UK is the way to go, but even
they have limits. Hehe when you call them about epic stuff you can feel
the air of "worthless customer alert" in the background, some may even
try to sell you 40k. Personally I have lots of fun with the poor trolls
when I call, they are so clueless.

I suspect that Fanatics support will only be as good as the cash flow
is. Fanatic/forgeworld will make tanks and stuff that are new or revised
since they think they can get the most money out of it. I beleive they
have given up on thinking epic can get new followers, thus they pitch to
those they have, which translates into very poor variety in their
product line. All I can say to all members get the plastic you can while
you can, since I would not place much faith in Fanatic to keep them
available.

> > I wonder sometimes if this group should send them a signed petition of
> > some other analogous means to let them know what we want. Of course this
> > relates to miniatures since any "we want the old rules back" requests
> > are summarily ignored.
>
> The only thing that will work is 'We agree to purchase X amount of
> product if
> you produce it' type of petitions. If we get a group to purchase 1000
> sprues
> of old style orks or some other combination, then they have incentive to
> support us.
> We can vote with our cash. I know I have done so with Warmaster and
> Battlefleet Gothic. I have alot of disposible income, and I was going to
> start into both those games. Now, I have decided that I am only going to
> purchase Epic models to finish my current armies, and I am not going
> to buy
> any other GW product until I see some proper support for their games.

It figures, GW's "show me the money" mentality is ever present. It never
ocurrs to them if they made things readily available at a good price
they WOULD sell. Fanatic's idealistic philosophies aside, to invest in
any Fanatic run game (including epic), more so if you haven't invested
in that game when it was mainstream GW, is a risky proposition. No one
knows for how long this joyride will last, if product lines will ever be
completely available or if that model you always wanted will be remade
and re-issued. I for one would NEVER invest "de-novo" (from scratch) in
any of those games, because by the time I have set aside disposable
income to get everything I want it may not be there anymore, then what?
Like I said before, NOW is the time to get those plastic sprues from
GW-UK and finish off those armies you been meaning to do, since they may
suddenly dissapear. As far as new models, we can all dream, but I
suspect that besides titans, super heavies and those leman russ variants
very little else will be release soon.

Peter