Re: [NetEpic ML] Models in the pipeline

From: Dalton Calford <dcalford_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:54:04 -0400

Hi Peter,

On Thursday 09 August 2001 19:24, you wrote:
> Hi!
> On another note what models or armies group members would prefer to see
> next?
>
> Peter

In order of preference.

I would like to see some of the older Imperial guard vehicles and ork
vehicles be produced by forgeworld.
For example, a new version of the Leviathan and Capitallis Imperiallis, as
well as a Hell Bore and Ordantis. As these would be standalone models, the
guys at forge world could put them out faster than trying to do an entire new
army list.

I would also like them to reprint the origional cardboard buildings, like the
origional city blocks from the titan legions game or the ork buildings (I
have seen them on ebay but don't know how they were origionally sold).
Again, this could be done without alot of money or effort on the part of the
fanatic guys and fill in alot of holes in the product range.

I would then like them to re-issue the waterslide transfers and banners that
they used to have for the different races/models. A single water slide turns
a medium paint job into a work of art without alot of effort. Again this can
be done without alot of cost or effort from the fanatic guys. (the work
already is done, it is just a matter of reordering them and making them
available).

I would then like them to put together a 'Starters Kit' that has all the
dice, rulers and bits needed to start playing, but no models, so that a new
player knows what to buy vs fighting with mail order to try to get dice and
told that they are no longer produced.

I would like them to put together bundle army offers (all this would take is
to come up with a 2000 e40k point army list for each army and put a price on
it, they would be simple pick lists so no fancy packaging would be required)
This way a beginner would just buy a starter kit and the starter army of
choice and they are playing. Right now, they have so many choices of
different items, that you need to be a player already to know what you need
to play.

I would also like to see them re-issue the origional plastics so that eldar
can have standard bearers again and ork madboyz are back on the table.
This would give older players a way of bulking up thier forces and let e40k
players customize thier armies.

Then once all the support materials are released by Fanantic, to generate
income with little effort, I would then like to see them come up with the
Dark Eldar.

From my comments, you can see that I am very concerned about any new models,
because the Fanatic guys are doing little to expand the game. It is almost
impossible to get the support materials to go with the Epic game and unless
you can pick up a rule set from ebay, you can not get into the earlier Titan
Legion/Space Marine games.

That means that the market is constantly shrinking and therefore there is
less and less reason for the Fanatic guys to produce any new armies.

That is why I want them to forget about new releases right now and simply
bring out nice easy starters kits and reissue all the older materials. They
can do this without alot of work and generate enough income to justify all
the new projects.

I am hoping enough people tell them this so that they realize it and start
actively working to save the game. Since most of the work is already done or
simply needs a little bit of tweaking, they could do it all with less effort
than producing a single epic magazine.

best regards

Dalton