[NetEpic ML] Re: NetEpic revision....LOOOOONG but read it and vote

From: Peter Ramos <pramos_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:06:25 +0000

Hi!

Daniel Wiebell wrote:

> Howdy guys,
>
> >Infantry armour saves:
>
> I'm going to side with Peter's suggested solution, hard and soft targets and
> weapons. Its what a very good WWII wargame on computer called Battleground
> Ardennes uses to excellent effect, I also believe that is where Weasel
> Fierce got his idea for infantry riding on tanks.
>
> However, there would be weapons that this wouldn't work for, I can't imagine
> a volcano cannon or heat lance (or other extremely large weapons classed as
> anti-armour) failing to destroy an infantry squad. The weapon would simply
> destroy the area around which it hit, taking the squad with them. Perhaps SH
> weapons shouldn't be classed as either, since they can destroy pretty much
> anything.

Actually anti-armor weapons can effect infantry they just dont get a save versus
them they get hit and get vaporized. Infantry soft saves get a chance to save
versus anti-infantry weapons.

A tac marine would look something like this: CAF 2, armor save 4. IF hit by a
heavy bolter with lets say a -2 save modifier the marine saves on a 6. If hit by
a las-cannon (anti-armor) it is hit and destroyed no save. Conversely the heavy
bolter has no effect on a land raider for example.

Peter