Grotesques

From: <ian_king2002_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:03:51 -0000

Just my 2 cents worth on this! (even though I know nothing about Dark
Eldar - last time I looked they didn't worship Tzeentch!)

I think we need to remember this unit should be compared with whats
already out there. For example if we give them a regeneration ability
then for me what we get is very expensive and quite limited
trolls/bloodletters! Similarly juggernaughts have a save of 5+, a
move of 15 cm and more flexibility than grotesques as well as the
completed charge thing. If we are going to set a points value of 250
for only 4 stands of these things then my opinion is they'd better be
pretty hard! Even terminators aren't that expensive when you factor
in the land raiders!

Quite how you do this I'm not sure, perhaps the -1 TSM is the way to
go but we'll only know after a play test. I'd favour a fixed saving
throw as well to represent these critters ability to shrug of wounds
that would kill an ordinary stand, just like Comissar Yarrick did in
2nd edition Space Marine (he had a 3+ fixed save!!!!!)

Cheers

Ian