Re: [NetEpic ML] Psychic revision: chaos part 1

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 08:52:34 -0400

Hi!

Hmmm. you got a point there, I did not read that power for the
Astropath, the clarifications are mostly for the Slann's nullify ability.

I have reviewed the Astropath's power and come to the conclusion that it
is too powerful, its too long range and it gets a too large a bonus over
psykers that the fluff indicates are better at psychics than the
astropath, like Warlocks and Librarians.

I would re-define the power as a range of 25cm (Astropaths are weak
psykers). If the power is from a card source (such as a chaos card) its
a straight d6 roll, if he wins its cancelled. If its from a psyker they
gain a +1 bonus the astropath none. If a greater demon or Great mage its
a +3 bonus. Its much weakened, but more appropriate, given that they are
cheap you could conceivably have a couple running around and offer good
protection (the range makes it a defensive not offensive as it should
be) to nearby supported units. Plus unlike nullification it can be used
every turn.

Comments.

Peter