Night Fight!

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:40:09 +0300

Has anybody ever thought up night fighting rules for NetEpic? Aside from a
decent campaign system I think this is what the system needs most at the
moment. Some of my thoughts below.

1) Limited spotting range; something like ~25cm for infantry and 40cm for
vehicles. This would probably have to be adjusted for each race. IG & PDF
would have the worst spotting range, Space Marines & Squats would have
better and Eldar & Slann would have the best.
2) Units which have fired can be targeted at up to normal range (assuming
LOS exists, of course). This is for simplicity, play balance, and to avoid
unnecessary special rules; I know that deathspinners don't have much of a
muzzle flash.
3) Indirect barrages scatter 3d6cm if they miss.
4) Dark Eldar should probably have some special advantage when fighting at
night since the cowardly aliens are so adept at skulking around.
5) Anything else?

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.