RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Tau units/stats

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:36:50 +1000

At 08:41 AM 10/3/01 +0200, you wrote:
>My comments to your comments.

My comments to your comments to my comments ;-)

> >Armour Save of only 5+? I'd have thought they would be tougher than
> >this. I haven't seen the Codex yet (it hasn't gotten to Australia yet) but
>
> >I would have thought they would be just a little tougher than that.
>
>They are the equivalent of Terminators, actually they have poorer armour
>save than terminators in 40k. To reflect this I've given them the same save
>as terminators.

Hey that's fair enough. As I said, I thought they were better than
Termies, but I haven't seen the Codex yet. I defer to your superior knowledge.

> >>XV15 Stealth Battlesuit.
> >>These troopers are regarded as loners and excentrics by the TAU. The
>operate
> >>in small squads behind the enemy line. (GZG has an excellent miniature for
> >>this unit, but I have only seen pictures of it, I can send them if
> >>nessecary)
>
> >Please do! Don't send the pictures to the list, but try and post a URL
> >where we can see them. I know most of the GZG minis and would love to see
> >a pic of the one you are suggesting.
>
>OK, http://www.gtns.net/gzg/oldimages/dsm-143.jpg
>It is the trio second from the left.

Ah! I know the minis your are talking about now. They are the NSL Powered
Armour in Dirtside scale. Very nice minis. Crisp and well-cast. Yes,
they'd make excellent Stealth Suits.

> >Aren't there two versions of the Hammerhead? One with the Ion Cannon and
> >one with a Railgun? I remember seeing the minis and thinking "Wow, these
> >look very cool".
>
>Yes indeed, you are correct. We should add some more vehicles anyway, how
>about calling the Hammerhead with the railguns a Barracuda?

Can't call it the Barracuda. Forgeworld have released a Tau flyer called
the Barracuda. Instead of giving it different names, why not just call
them the Hammerhead-A and Hammerhead-B (Or Hammerhead-I and
Hammerhead-R)? They are simply variants on the same tank and since the
guns look so different, It wouldn't be hard to see which is which on the table.

-Kelvin....

"Look, Just give me some Inner Peace
or I'll mop the floor with you!"
-the Immortal Sage, Homer Simpson