RE: [NetEpic ML] New to List

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:16:46 +0300

[snip]
> One question. Does anyone play scenarios for Netepic? Or do
> you just lay
> down objective counters as per normal? I've found some
> scenarios for 2nd
> ed in an old WD and wondered if they/& or others have made their way
> into the system? I don't have 3rd ed, but it looks like its
> Battles Book
> is full of them and, infact the variety of scenarios is a big part of
> the game - is it not? I haven't found any mention of the subject yet
> in Netepic.

Here you have beat me to something that has been on my mind for some time
now. The Battles book is certainly the best thing about E40K, and I have
been thinking about doing some scenarios based on those. However, it has
always come down at the point values and balance. As of yet I have not been
able to devise a method to balance the forces of any scenario which deviates
more than slightly from the standard "meeting engagement". Perhaps the
listmembers could offer some suggestions?

> Anyway it's so great to see this group keeping the game alive as it
> should be kept alive! And long live the Squats!

You can say that again! As long as we are here the Squats are far from
extinct!

> Molerom

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.