[NetEpic ML] Re: NetEpic revision....LOOOOONG but read it and vote

From: Brian Evans <brian.a.evans_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:35:35 -0500

Peter,

I am glad that others think that one Epic turn is longer than the time it takes to pull the trigger once. I think we are agreed that an Epic turn is long enough to allow considerable troop movements (running, diving, crouching, taking cover, etc.) and multiple firings of each model's weapons (You, lay down some covering fire on the left; where the heck is that heavy machine gun; put some rocket grenades in that tree line; ammo, we need more ammo; come'on you dog faces, you want to live forever) .

Does it matter how many troops a single infantry stand or tank model represents?

If an infantry stand represents five 40K miniatures; the stand has five guns and could potentially take five casualties before being completely destroyed.

If an infantry stand represents sixty 40K miniatures; the stand has sixty guns and could potentially take sixty casualties before being completely destroyed.

So if two infantry stands, no matter the scale, were shooting at each other, wouldn't they have the same relative firepower and damage capacity? Would this difference have an effect on the game mechanics? Is this difference something we should consider when we consider game mechanics?

Brian A. Evans