RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Netepic Background

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:55:15 +0200

these could be a >standard for "dark age of technology", while we could look
at how armies were made up for >te Heresy. SOme eras require more rules,
some, just changes in army composition. In any >case it could prove fun to
engage a lost human system with dark age tech versus more >standard stagnant
40k types.

>Peter

This sounds great! The heresy era armies could be like the suggestion below.

IG: as it is now, excluding some of the later weaponry like Stormblade.
However, some of the more exotic equipment like Leman Russ Vanquisher and
executioner as well as Destroyer tank hunter would be more plentiful. Rogal
Dorn not yet available, substitute with Mammoth from the PDF list.

SM: Larger companies and no 1000-man limit. People like Peter able to field
whole Marine legions <shudder>. ;-)

Orks: Pretty much as is, maybe excluding some of the newer equipment. Blood
Axes may not be equipped with Imperial equipment (When did Da Big Party
happen anyways?).

Eldar: No change.

Sisters of Battle: Do not exist yet.

PDF: No change.

Slann: have not yet made comeback.

Tau: In primitive stage.

Chaos: As IG and SM with the addition of some daemonic troops and cultists.
Should be able to field more than one company card from a single legion.
Sons of Horus legion should be added.

Squats: No change.

What do you people think?
Suggestions?

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.