Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Netepic Background

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:10:21 -0500

Hi!

  these could be a >standard for "dark age of technology", while we could look
  at how armies were made up for >te Heresy. SOme eras require more rules,
  some, just changes in army composition. In any >case it could prove fun to
  engage a lost human system with dark age tech versus more >standard stagnant
  40k types.

>Peter

  This sounds great! The heresy era armies could be like the suggestion below.

  IG: as it is now, excluding some of the later weaponry like Stormblade.
  However, some of the more exotic equipment like Leman Russ Vanquisher and
  executioner as well as Destroyer tank hunter would be more plentiful. Rogal
  Dorn not yet available, substitute with Mammoth from the PDF list.
  Plasma based weaponry would be rare in the pre-Heresy era, although some real bad-asses could exsist in the dark age of technology.

  SM: Larger companies and no 1000-man limit. People like Peter able to field
  whole Marine legions <shudder>. ;-)

  <evil grin> you betcha!

  Orks: Pretty much as is, maybe excluding some of the newer equipment. Blood
  Axes may not be equipped with Imperial equipment (When did Da Big Party
  happen anyways?).

  Ahh, remember the orks are a relatively new race, if you go back enough you'll face the technologically advanced "brainboyz" and their ork slaves, hmmm.... think of the possibilities.

  Eldar: No change.

  If its pre-age of strife the Eldar would be the most powerful race of the galaxy since the slann are still hiding away. Imagine unlimited jetbikes <shudder>

  Sisters of Battle: Do not exist yet.

  PDF: No change.

  Slann: have not yet made comeback.

  Tau: In primitive stage.

  Chaos: As IG and SM with the addition of some daemonic troops and cultists.
  Should be able to field more than one company card from a single legion.
  Sons of Horus legion should be added.

  This is a interesting question, in what form does chaos exsist prior to the Heresy? Prior to the formation of the Eye of Terror? In the dark age these are things of make beleive. How would an army of that era react to demons? Hmm.. lots of possibilities.

  Squats: No change.

  If its pre-age of strife they dont exsist!

  What do you people think?
  Suggestions?

  All ages present interesting questions, I'd add one more to the Era of man- the age of Crusade, when the warp storms initially faded and the Emporer martialed the original space marines across the galaxy.

  Peter