[NetEpic ML] Re: Terminators

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <canapi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:26:10 +0100

Brian Evans wrote:

> I also like the idea of Terminators quite a bit. My first Games Workshop
> game was Space Hulk. Terminators are a really nice choice if you are going
> to be exploring some tunnels or the tight corridors of a space hulk.
> Terminators are probably not a good choice for a large scale battle. They
> are not very agile nor can they take advantage of the small holes or folds
> in the ground that most infantry take advantage of for cover. Let's face
> it, Terminators are still just infantry with fancy suits, they are not
> Tanks. Big bore, high energy weapons kill Terminators as easily as they do
> Imperial Guardsmen. Most of the fluff concerning Terminators also mention
> much the same thing, Terminators = tight quarter fighting, not large scale
> battles.
>
> How should we have Space Marine Devastators affect Terminators? Space
> Marine Devestators can be equiped with four LasCannons just like a
> LandRaider has.

I think in Epic you don't need to think too much on various type of
weapons, take things simple is the first law, IMHO better than armor
saving or other stuff, terminators need to regain their original
ability: teleportation, but this is only my personal opinion :o)

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
mailto:canapicc_at_...