Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic in Poland

From: P.J.T <paul.j.t_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:17:57 -0000

> > > Ggghhhhhhh, they have to repent :o)
> >
> > *Cautiously raises head*
> > All the editions have their place - Space Marine, Netepic AND
> > E40K - their
> > all good games!!
> > *Ducks and runs for cover....*
> >

> TRAITOR! HERETIC! ABOMINATION! Wait until I get my inferno cannon! :P
>
> Seriously, E40k is something which has great potential. Unfortunately it's
> just that, potential. It looks like the developers stopped a little short
of
> actually making a good game. The basic rules are good. The
> overgeneralization of units is not. I don't particularly appreciate the
mix
> and match detachments either. Or the over expensive command units. The
> suppression removal should depend on morale. And so on.

I actually agree completely. I always describe it as an unfinished game, one
which if you are prepared to "tinker" is great, but does need some work.
The over-generalisation is being seen to to some extent in the later issues
of epic mag, but too much would spoil what I have come to see as one of its
great advantages over the other versions. If it gets too detailed I wouldn't
have an excuse to play 3 different games :)
Just thought I'd stick up for it a little....never too much though.....

> Summa summarum: I'd choose Heresy over E40k any day.

Fair enough......can't say thats one I've played unfortunately though :(

Cheers,
Paul "TuffSkull" T.
http://tuffnett.com - TuffNett Productions Ltd.
http://epic40k.com - If its Epic, Its there! (Now an Official Warpgate