RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Naming Titans (Curiosity Question)

From: Darryl Hilbig <darrylhilbig_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:01:30

>From: "Karlsen, Rune" <rune.karlsen_at_...>

> > > Tiamat is in fact the Babylonian earth goddess :)
> > >
> > > Rune
> > >

> > Got me. I know nothing about that era in history, I've
> > concentrated more on
> > the latter of the two big international live-ammunition
> > excercises. The
> > habit of making little plastic tanks and playing certain
> > games must have
> > something to do with it.
> >
> > I guess TSR borrowed her, like so many others.
> >
> > Jyrki Saari
>
>I know very little about the era as well. There is a Swedish
>metal band called Tiamat, so i checked out where the name
>came from some years ago :)
>
>TSR are notorious thieves. Reading their monster compendiums
>for AD&D is a walk down mythological lane, so to speak.
>
>Rune

Don't forget You Know Who?

Actually, if anyone has an old Space Gamer Mag or Murphy Rules book, there
was a page of useless tables competition results in it. One of the tables
was called "A Table that is unamed on the advice of our attorneys" and dealt
with what TSR stood for (eg: They Sue Regularly, or Tough Shit Readers, and
so on).

Darryl H