RE: [NetEpic ML] Flyer transports

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:15:38 +0200

Definetely. To transport a full company you'll need a dropship.

> Maybe 5 Bikes is not so practical, but 4 Dreads instead of 6 Infantry
> can fit just about nicely... comments?

Strictly by the rules, no. Transports can only transport infantry, unless
specified otherwise (Capitol Imperialis, for example). Bikes are cavalry and
dreads are walkers, so no bonus. However, I could see the T-hawk being big
enough to be able to transport 4 dreads or 4 robots instead of 30 marines,
so how about an optional (repeat: OPTIONAL) rule: a Thunderhawk is capable
of transporting one detachment of infantry, dreadnoughts or robots.
Remembering the "robots are crap" thread a while ago this would make the SM
walkers a bit more useful.

> Q2)
> Flyers follow all the rules for transport vehicles? Bail out saves,
> combined movement between cargo and passengers... etc.

Yes, except for the bail-out save. This isn't IIRC stated anywhere so how
about a rule:if a transport flyer is destroyed while airborne the passengers
are also destroyed even if they have unmodifiable save. If the flyer has
landed, the normal rules for a bail-out save apply.

> Example: I have a T-hawk transporting 6 SM Tactical stands. If the T-
> hawk travels 50cm and deploy them, have each Infantry stand only 5cm
> left of their movement? I cannot argue it from the rules, and in our
> club we treat transport flyers in a different manner, so the
> passengers have their FULL movement when they disembark (the T-hawk
> is faster than a Rhino, so the passengers have more time to act when
> they arrive at destination).
>
> Tnx in advance! ^^

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.