Re: [NetEpic ML] Yet another Ogre update

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:46:01 -0700 (MST)

> I incorporated most of the suggestions as well as making a number of my own
> changes to the damage tables and unit organizations. The list is about ready
> for playtesting; if only some kind soul would calculate the point values...

I haven't had alot of time to look at the latest revision. But what
I did look at looked good. I probably won't have detailed comments
until next year (unless I can find some time in the next couple
of days).

I assume that Sensors and Conning Tower are the same thing.

The other thing I noticed was that some of the Paneuro Ogres have
"exposed" cybernetic cores (on their rear arc). I don't have a
problem with this, but they are in the topmost "slot". IIRC all
top slots are potentially hit when a barrage template hits. Wouldn't
that mean a barrage weapon hitting one of these Ogres makes an
immediate roll against the Cybernetic table (no matter what direction
the shells are fired from)? Seems a little harsh (but perhaps not
overly so, since Eldar titans are particularly hosed by barrage
weapons as well).

DarylL

p.s. I started writing a test harness for running NetEpic battles.
It does what I was doing by hand earlier. Once that's done (assuming
I don't get lazy), it should be possible to run 1000's of scenarios
and really start nailing down point values (or at least that's the
thought).