RE: [NetEpic ML] Yet another Ogre update

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:12:19 +0200

Take your time.

> I assume that Sensors and Conning Tower are the same thing.

Yep. The Fencer and Doppelsoldner didn't have the Ogre tower so I added the
sensors. The damage table is exactly the same.

> The other thing I noticed was that some of the Paneuro Ogres have
> "exposed" cybernetic cores (on their rear arc). I don't have a
> problem with this, but they are in the topmost "slot". IIRC all
> top slots are potentially hit when a barrage template hits. Wouldn't
> that mean a barrage weapon hitting one of these Ogres makes an
> immediate roll against the Cybernetic table (no matter what direction
> the shells are fired from)? Seems a little harsh (but perhaps not
> overly so, since Eldar titans are particularly hosed by barrage
> weapons as well).

Hadn't thought about barrages. I think I'll remove it; after all no other
Ogres have exposed core.

> DarylL
>
> p.s. I started writing a test harness for running NetEpic battles.
> It does what I was doing by hand earlier. Once that's done (assuming
> I don't get lazy), it should be possible to run 1000's of scenarios
> and really start nailing down point values (or at least that's the
> thought).

Sounds good! It would be really useful in testing armies.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.