Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40,000 evolution

From: kume1967 <kume1967_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:32:09 -0000

Well Jervis says he loves Epic 40000 so much and he says he must do
something before the game dies. He says he looked at the BFG which was
based on the same mechanics and thought the different weapon systems
and detailed descriptions of the units are made it work. So he
proposes a change giving Leman Russ Demolisher as an example. With 3
different weapon systems, a paragraph about the tank, and he proposes
changes to armor system, a change to movement-shooting-assault system.
Which seems a step back to SM/TL. There are some new elements
though one is fire arcs and flanking now he says the place and facing
of the HQ will determine where the detechment can fire. You cannot
fire to the detechments if they are behind or more than half of the
units are behind the HQ.

I don't have the article with me now but these are what I remember.

Mete

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm subscribed to the magazine, but it comes a couple of weeks later
to the US so I haven't seen it. Could you post a choice excerpt of it
(not the whole thing), or at least a synopsis of it?

> They pretty much realize they failed in the market place with e40k.
In their eyes, at least recetly, they seem to think adding some more
flash and detail will make it more popular. Then again, the more they
do that the more it looks like the previous edition-sorta like
re-inventing the wheel.

> To be frank I don't think ANYTHING they do will revive that games
interest in the marketplace. They did quite a thorough job of killing
interest in it. Lately there "seems" to be an upsurge of more interest
due to sales, but as usual, they confuse sales due to their lowering
prices with increased interest in the game. Generally speaking
predominately those already "into" epic are the ones that are buying
and expanding thier armies due to the really good lower prices. A
truer measure of increase of interest would be the joining of more
"newbies". I suspect those types are very few or already related to
established epic groups.

> Looking forward to your synopsis.
>
> Peter

Epic